Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Faith - the link between you and God

> An atheist and a believer had the
> same doctor. Every time they met in the
> doctor's waiting room, they would argue
> and end up insulting each other.
>
> 'You really believe that you are
> going to be saved on Judgment Day and
> go up to heaven. Do you really believe
> everything you read in the Bible, and
> everything they told you in church?'
> said the atheist.
>
> 'I'm not certain of anything,' the
> believer replied. 'Like you I have
> doubts. But I still have hope.'
>
> 'But I don't have doubts,' the
> atheist cried. 'I have only
> certainties. For example, I can assure
> you that God has nothing to do with the
> ache in your knee, and that He doesn't
> care in the least how you feel.'
>
> 'You don't know what you're talking
> about. And do you know something? You
> are a believer too. I can prove it to
> you.'
>
> 'Really? That I'd like to see!'
>
> 'Will you be straightforward and
> answer my questions honestly?'
>
> 'Of course. I'm an honest atheist.'
>
> 'Okay. Can you tell me what the name
> of the doctor is who you came to see?'
>
> 'Well no, he's not here. And I can't
> pronounce the replacement's name.'
>
> 'Well, when you leave his office,
> will you check the prescription he
> gives you for mistakes, like you would
> a lottery ticket?'
>
> 'No, of course not. The doctor knows
> what he's doing.'
>
> 'Are you a close friend of the
> pharmacist who is going to fill the
> prescription?'
>
> 'No, I go to a big pharmacy, and I
> rarely get served by the same person.'
>
> 'Do you know what medication the
> doctor is going to give you, and what
> its side effects are?'
>
> 'No.'
>
> 'And yet you are going to take it,
> aren't you?'
>
> 'Yes.'
>
> 'Well, dear friend, I am happy to
> announce that you too are a man of
> faith!'
> ___________
>
> Many of us behave like the atheist:
> we don't understand how believers can
> have blind faith in their God, and we
> often find their fervor ridiculous.
>
> And yet, we also have well
> established beliefs, and not only when
> we go to see the doctor!
>
> Think about it: without faith,
> without any certainties, life would be
> impossible. We sometimes have to have
> blind faith to survive.
>

3 comments:

Itz me!!! said...

hey Poorna..kalakkal post :-).Really enjoyed reading it.

Unknown said...

hey....

Really a gud post...
Keep on bloggin....

-Prashanth

lostinthoughts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.